My little boys' story. Mason's due date was November 5th, I was hoping he would come early, but the closer it got to the 5th I was losing hope. I wasn't having any regular contractions even though I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced 2 weeks before his due date. We were trying everything to get my contractions going, mostly walking and that would get them up to about 6-10 min apart but as soon as I would stop walking they would slow way down and usually stop completely. We were kind of hoping for a Halloween baby, but as that day was coming to a close we knew that wasn't a possibility. 9:30 Halloween night I start having regular contractions, they were about 5 min apart, but they weren't really strong. We decided to head to the hospital anyway because I was delivering at American Fork Hospital. We arrived and they hooked me up to the machine to monitor my progress. After an hour they told me my contractions weren't doing anything to help me progress so they sent me home, by this time it was 1:30 in the morning. We got home and everyone got into bed for the night. I had just laid down when I got a really sharp pain in my back. I didn't think anything of it and rolled over to fall asleep. Another sharp pain, I thought I had been asleep for awhile so I wasn't going to check the time, but I did anyway and to my amazement it had only been 10 min! I got up to go to the bathroom before going back to sleep and as soon as I got into the bathroom my water broke. I went and woke up Kenny and told him we needed to head back to the hospital. We were home barely an hour before we headed back. This time they admitted me and got me hooked up with the Pitosin and the nurses left Kenny and I to try and get some sleep. About an hour later I decided I really wanted an epidural. That was the best decision I made, I felt so much better and actually somewhat enjoyed my delivery, as much as you can. I ended up having to push for 2 hours because unknown to us Mason decided he wanted his hand to be the 1st thing out, not his head. Our wonderful little boy was born at 12:47 pm. He was perfect and had a whole head of hair. I couldn't believe that he was ours and he would be part of our family forever.
The nurses were a little concerned about his breathing so when they took him down to the nursery they had a specialist come take a look at him. They ended up giving him an IV and that helped, thankfully no other problems with his breathing after that. I was so happy that was all it took, but his little arm looked so sad with the IV port sticking out of his arm.
My mom and lil' Kels were at the hospital when he was born so they were the 1st to see him and Kels was the 1st to hold him after getting all cleaned up. The rest of family came that afternoon to see him and hold him. I love having my family so close by that they could come and enjoy our new little addition with us.
Lil' Kels holding him after getting cleaned up
I am so thankful to have him in our family. I couldn't ask for a better baby and I am so lucky to be his mommy. I look at him every day and think how did I get so lucky to have him. I look forward to watching him grow and develop, just hopefully not to fast. I love this stage of being able to just hold him and cuddle him.
1 comment:
He is adorable. Congratulations again.
Post a Comment